An Interview with David Glover
David Glover’s life and ministry changed when his grandson, Zachariah, was born with hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, and a myriad of other disorders. David poured his life and love into Zach by caring for his grandson and the needs of their family until Zach passed away unexpectedly at age four.
With refreshing honesty and humility, David reveals how God uses suffering and pain in our lives to humble us, change us, and use us in ways we never imagined.
Watch the Interview
The impact of Zach’s life was so profound that David realized there was a sizeable hole in Christian special-needs ministry. Through the suffering and grief, David says:
God is using people with special needs to refine us by making us become genuine, transparent, and authentic . . . they don’t wear masks but live on the truest level of sincerity, honesty, and purity.
David shares how God can transform our entire lives through “the least of these.” Though David’s grandson never said a word, never took a step, endured fifteen surgeries, was diagnosed with multiple disabilities, and died unexpectedly at age four; suffering, grief, and loss have a profound purpose in our lives.
David founded PURE Ministries and longs to see the local church become more aware of those with special needs and the tremendous blessing that comes when we care for “the least of these” (Matthew 25:45).
- Tell me a little about your life before Zach was born.
- How did the Lord draw you nearer to Himself during the four years of Zach’s life?
- How did you make it through the day-to-day darkness, pain, grief, and loss?
- What were the darker, harder times like?
- When you lost Zach, what were some of the feelings you experienced?
- What advice do you have to help families get to the other side of pain in a positive way?
- Are there any passages of Scripture that you found encouraging and can now be encouraging for us?
- How did you move from grief to the ministry you have today?
- What did the church do to help your family get through the hard times?
- What does PURE stand for, and how can people learn more about that ministry?
David’s experiences have ranged from extreme darkness to tremendous delight. On any given day, we all fall somewhere in between those extremes.
What you are experiencing right now? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Insight for Living Ministries Resources
- Devotions for Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life by Charles R. Swindoll
- Encouraging Words for Discouraging Days by Charles R. Swindoll
- For Those Who Hurt by Charles R. Swindoll
- God’s Precious Love by Joni Eareckson Tada
- Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles R. Swindoll
- Perfect Trust by Charles R. Swindoll