We’ve all been there a time or two . . . or THREE . . . when life doesn’t let up. More specifically, trials that are agonizing and exhausting, where we long for a flicker of light or a ray of hope.
After surviving oral cancer twice and in the midst of launching her new book Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Unexpected Life, the cancer came back with an unrelenting vengeance. Astonished and terrified, Michele’s prognosis was extremely bleak. She endured a year of excruciating surgeries and an unbearable recovery. In those dark hours of suffering, questions surfaced about life and faith.
Like us all, when God allows severe suffering, life’s hardest questions abound. In this interview, Michele shares extraordinary wisdom and significant truths essential to surviving life’s greatest adversities.
Watch the Interview
- What has your cancer journey looked like over the last year?
- How have you felt while trying to return to normal?
- How have you struggled to accept what God has allowed to happen to you?
- How has God revealed Himself to you through this journey?
- Why is faith in Jesus Christ essential when we encounter trials?
- How does Scripture define comfort, and how does the Bible’s definition differ from how we usually think about it?
- How has your cancer journey given you a new perspective on God’s grace?
- How did people help you when you were recovering from treatment?
- While you were recovering from treatment, what things did people do that wasn’t helpful for you?
- How has your cancer journey changed your prayer life?
- How has God used your cancer to bring about positive changes in you?
- What encouragement can you give someone who is going through a difficult trial?
Let Me Hear from You
Without a doubt, Scripture promises suffering. However, when hit with suffering, the struggle to make sense of it all is enormous. If you have ever wrestled with doubt, God’s goodness, God’s sovereignty, God’s presence, what He does allow that makes no sense . . . you are in good company here. I promise, you will never be judged, rejected, or turned away for what you are questioning or enduring today. Please, reach out to Reframing Ministries to Colleen personally or to Michele. We long to connect and provide deep and enduring comfort in your time of need. In what way can we help you today?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
About Michele Cushatt
A storyteller at heart, Michele Cushatt inspires audiences with the warmth of her transparency and presence. Her unique style makes you feel like you just spent an afternoon with a good friend, sparking tears one moment and laughter the next. Having experienced both the best and worst of life, she’s unafraid to disclose her imperfect spaces, so that you know you’re not alone in yours. Michele has been on staff with Dynamic Communicators International, led by Ken Davis. She fills multiple roles as an emcee, presenter, and coach; she also writes feature articles, blog posts, stories, and devotional meditations for numerous publications including MOPS International, Today’s Christian Woman, InCourage, Fullfill, Hearts-at-Home, Upper Room, David C. Cook’s Quiet Hour, Standard Publishing’s Devotions, and multiple compilation books including five titles in the Chicken Soup series.
Michele and the love of her life, Troy, live in Colorado with their six children. She enjoys a good novel, a long run, sleeping in the sun, and a kitchen table filled with people.
Connect with Michele Cushatt
You can connect with Michele on her blog, where you’ll find her latest posts, books, podcasts, and free downloads.
Insight for Living Ministries and Reframing Ministries Resources
- Reframing Life: Focusing on God When Life Gets Sideways by Colleen Swindoll Thompson
- Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Unexpected Life by Michele Cushatt