Life is so . . . daily. Just as one problem is solved, another one surfaces. We clock in and clock out of work, and eventually life itself becomes robotic and routine.
It doesn’t take long for our dreams to diminish into a cloud of dust, leaving us to wonder Is this all there is? or Where did the time go?
The truth is, we don’t have to live this way—allowing life to just happen as we drift along. We have choices. In this interview, I talk with Michael about how to discover the life we want, make a plan, and live life on purpose.
If you are sick of being stuck, longing for direction, care about how you want to be remembered . . . this interview will fill you with help and hope.
Watch the Interview
- How did a Hawaiian vacation turn into an idea for your latest book?
- What life-changing event caused you to get serious about life planning?
- Why should we remain flexible when making a life plan?
- How has your life plan changed over the years?
- What is self-care, and why is it integral to achieving one’s life plan goals?
- How do you resolve conflicts when life priorities collide?
- How do you organize your day to ensure you make time for what is important?
- Why is it important to spend time learning to get comfortable with our “discomfort zones”?
- How do we pursue our goals while living busy, sometimes frustrating lives?
- Where can we go to get more information on how to “Live Forward”?
Let Me Hear from You
Living well includes outlining our dreams, adjusting our course, building our character, and making intentional choices as we engage each day.
You weren’t created to drift; you were created with enormous purpose which requires a plan.
- How are you living?
- Are you invested in “the now”?
- Do you care or consider how you want to be remembered?
- Are your outward actions the same as your convictions?
- What part of life planning is most difficult?
- What are you waiting for?
Let’s connect on where you are today and where you want to be in the days ahead.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
About Michael Hyatt
Michael Hyatt is the author of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
and, with coauthor Daniel Harkavy, Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want.
Michael, former chairman & CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, has worked in nearly every facet of book publishing. Recognized by Forbes magazine, his blog, MichaelHyatt.com, receives more than one million page views a month. His podcast, This Is Your Life, is consistently in the top ten in the self-help category on iTunes.
Michael is the president and founder of Platform University, an online membership community designed to give people the inspiration, coaching, and resources they need to get noticed in a noisy world. While Michael loves his work, it is not the most important thing in his life.
That position belongs to his family. He has been married to his wife Gail for 37 years. They have five daughters, four sons-in-law, and eight grandchildren. They live just outside of Nashville.
Find out more about Michael Hyatt:
- Platform University
- The Busy Person’s Guide to Writing a Book Webinar
- 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever
Insight for Living Ministries and Reframing Ministries Resources